Please adhere to the copyright laws strictly when photocopying materials. Under article 31 ,the Act of Copyright law users can photocopy library materials for the following cases only.
- Photocopy of library materials is restricted to a portion of the copyrighted material.
- Articles published in periodicals is permitted to be photocopied, when a considerable amount of time has passed after being published (once the next volume is published, or once 3 months have passed after publication)
- Only one photocopy is permitted per person
- Photocopying is permitted for research purposes
- Photocopies cannot be recopied or distributed, regardless of whether or not the material is free
- Photocopy machines are available in each campus library, and library materials can be copied under the Act of Copyright Law . Users must fill out an "Application for Copying Documents" for photocopying.
- Fees are 10 yen per black and white photocopy, and 40 yen per color photocopy.
- Photocopy machine prepaid cards can be used as well (1,000-yen or 3,000-yen cards are available). Prepaid cards can be used at the Ikebukuro or Niiza Libraries. Purchase them from a library vending machine.
- We cannot make change at the library. Please bring the exact amount of small change necessary when using photocopy machine.
- In general, users can photocopy only library materials.