About the Recommended Reading Requests
Any materials specified by faculties as texts in the syllabus are purchased by the library beforehand and stored in the stacks in the class textbooks corner of each library. To supplement these textbooks, the library also has a “Recommended Reading Requests” system. Under this system, faculties may recommend materials that, while not directly related to classes, will be beneficial for students’ studies and for broadening their general education. The library will assess these recommendations for selection and purchase as study books and, if approved, shelve them for student use in the library of the campuses in which they were requested.
*Due to the balance between constructing a collection of books and the budget, the upper limit of applications per person is 100,000 yen. Note that we may not be able to accept all requests for the same reasons.
*If you wish to have books placed in library stacks during this academic year (AY2023), please apply using the application form below by Friday, December 1, 2023.
1. Selection of Recommended Reading Requests
Please request your recommended books, which are defined as follows: Must-read literature related to classes (Mainly literature corresponding to materials designated as textbooks in syllabuses.)
Materials that are not directly related to classes, but are useful for improving students’ learning and broader education (for example, basic textbooks that teaching staff wants students to read while learning about related academic fields).
*As mentioned above, the Library confirms and purchases materials designated as textbooks in syllabuses.
The person who takes charge of classes in this academic year.
Materials that the library has decided to purchase will be stored in the general stacks and made available for borrowing.
4. How to Request
Please apply using the following application forms.
Please note that the application form differs by the campus at which you request the material to be shelved.
The application deadline for this academic year (2023) is Friday, December1, 2023.
When Completing the Form
- In addition to books, E-books and audio-visual materials can be recommended.
- Please fill in the title, author and publisher accurately and provide the ISBN (eISBN for E-books), if possible.
- When applying under this system, the number of concurrent access to E-books is limited to 1 (one).
- Magazines, E-journals, and Databases are not included in this system.
- The system is limited to books that have been published at the time of the request. (As for books in a series, the system is limited to the books that are already published.)
- The library may not be able to purchase books that are difficult to obtain (out-of-print, etc.), antiquarian books, etc.
- Ikebukuro Library: Email: lib-tosho(at-mark)rikkyo.ac.jp
- Niiza Library: Email: niizalib(at-mark)ml.rikkyo.ac.jp
*Please send your e-mail after replacing (at-mark) with "@" (single-byte "@").