Rikkyo Roots (institutional repository)
How to register content to the Rikkyo University Institutional Repository
Our library offers the Rikkyo University Institutional Repository (Rikkyo Roots) as a way to make Rikkyo University educational and research results available to the public.
If you would like your work to be made public, please confirm the following information and contact us.
Steps for registration
First agree with our Rikkyo University Institutional Repository Operation Policy.pdf, and then,
(1) Send a file attachment of your content (PDF, etc.) by email
(2) Attach the "Rikkyo University Institutional Repository Registration Application (Issue Unit.docx, Journal Article Unit.docx or Content Unit.docx)"
Send the email to our library repository administrator at repository＠rikkyo.ac.jp. (campus mail is also accepted)
Register with Rikkyo Roots at the library.
1. Examples of contents to be registered
Books , Bulletins and annals, Journal articles, Research reports, Research institute publications, Lecture or symposium papers, Other results of research, etc.
* If you would like to add certain items to the table of contents, make a request during application (such as the addition of author affiliations, URLs, etc.). Normally, information will be added to the table of contents if deemed suitable by library staff.
2. Party responsible for application (author or respresentative of content to be registered)
(1) Those of the following occupations
Professor, associate professor, lecturer, chaplain, counselor, specially-appointed professor, specially-appointed associate professor, assistant instructor, education lecturer, English Discussion Program Manager, honorary professor, researcher of special matters
(2) Others deemed appropriate by the library head
* Those who do not qualify under category (1) may qualify under category (2), so please contact us in advance to find out.
3. Points to note when applying for registration
The party responsible for application must make sure the following points have been taken care of.
(1) Private information that has not been approved by the responsible party is not included in repository registration content, or content to be made available for public viewing
(2) The following copyright clearance has been completed
- If there is more than one author of the content to be registered, all of them have given permission for registration to the repository for public viewing
- If the works of others are included in the content to be registered, such as illustrations or photographs, permission has been granted for registration to the repository for public viewing
4. How to apply for registrationRikkyo University Institutional Repository Operation Policy.pdf(written in Japanese)
Send a file attachment of your content (PDF, etc.) and the “RIkkyo University Institutional Repository Registration Application
And the "Rikkyo University InstitutionalRepository Registration Application (Issue Unit.docx, Journal Article Unit.docx or Content Unit.docx)
to our library repository administrator by email (firstname.lastname@example.org), or delivery by campus mail is also accepted.
The repository administrator will provide further details when reporting that your application was received.
* When only permitting certain sections from a periodical, etc. expressed in volume units, submit the Issue Unit Application.docx. (An entry example is available here.pdf)
For example, if Periodical A is still in circulation, and you want to approve the registration of all text in advance from the first issue on, select "Approve from Volume 1 and on." By doing this, you do not have to submit a new application each time a new volume is issued. As soon as the data is sent to the library, we will confirm past application content and register it to the repository accordingly. However, even when text has been approved for public viewing, library staff will not automatically scan the approved text and enter it in the repository for public viewing.
* For registration of Journal articles, submit the Journal Article Unit Application.docx.
* For registration of a single work, submit the Content Unit Application.docx.
For example, if you want to register conference papers to the repository, enter the required information such as content title, put a check in the "Approved for public viewing" checkbox, and submit the application form.
* If you do not have a PDF file of a back number, and would like to create one by scanning your material, library staff can provide support. Submit the booklet to be scanned.
- If the content can be saved in electronic format such as PDF, PowerPoint, video, or images, any data format is fine.
- If you want to apply in division units such as research institute or administrative office division, the division head will be responsible for applying for registration. In such a case, please make sure all requirements from (3) above are fulfilled before applying.
- If you want to apply for registration of educational or research content by graduate students or undergraduates, the person who qualifies within (2)-1 above will be responsible for applying for registration. In such a case, please make sure all requirements from (3) above are fulfilled before applying.
- As a general rule, once content is made available to the public through the repository, it cannot be removed. Moreover, it cannot be used to update registered content to its most recent version.
- When registering multiple contents to the repository by bulletin title, text can be made public or private for each content. Also, when granting permission for public viewing of content that was first made private, additional text data can be registered.
- Doctoral dissertations that were used to earn degrees from April 2013 and later are required to be registered to the repository for public viewing due to a revision in degree rules.
Rikkyo University Library / Repository Administrator
Rikkyo University Library Office, Lloyd Hall B1F, 3-34-1 Nishi-Ikebukuro, Toshima-ku, Tokyo 171-8501 Japan