- Rikkyo University Library Collection Development Policy
Rikkyo University Library Collection Development Policy
Our collection development policy at Rikkyo University Library is defined as follows.
- Collect and maintain materials that are beneficial to education, research, and learning.
- Independently collect books and unique materials based on the Founding Spirit of Rikkyo University.
- Carry out a mission to preserve these materials for future generations to come.
- As a private university library, provide a robust collection of materials to our users, setting a series of standards for collection and preservation.
Our selection standards for collecting library materials are as follows.
- Collect basic materials for all relevant fields of study.
- Acquire a diverse balance of materials that are not partial to any specific principles, ideas, thoughts, or creeds.
- Collect materials based on curriculum and syllabus content to support student learning activities.
- In principle, purchase revised additions of materials in our library.
- Greatly expand access to digital resources other than paper media.